While we know Instagram is the go-to platform for stylists, Facebook is actually the most widely used platform. And it’s a powerful way to connect with your clients! You may be familiar with a personal Facebook profile, but a Business Facebook page has unique features perfect for supporting businesses!
Why Set Up a Business Page
Using Facebook Business as a stylist might seem overwhelming. But it’s worth it to set up a Facebook Business page:
- It makes connecting with your customers easier. They don’t have to send a friend request and wait for you to respond!
- All Business Pages are public, so anyone can come take a look at your page.
- Extra Facebook Business-only Features
- Add your menu of services
- Add a Button to encourage clients to Book Now, Call Now, or Sign Up for an email list (See below for where this appears.)
- Turn on automatic messaging, which prompts clients to reach out to you. (See below for mobile. On desktop appears as a messenger box.)
- Your Business page posts show up your clients’ newsfeed, so they can like, comment, and share!
- Get reviews. Potential clients will use this to see if you’re the right stylist/salon for them!
Already got a page, but it’s a personal profile? No problem! You can easily convert it over to a Facebook business page. You can also set up your Facebook Business page straight from your phone, no computer required.
- Go to this link: https://www.facebook.com/business/pages/set-up. It will prompt you to open your Facebook app on your phone.
- Click on “Get Started” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a category for your page.
- Name your page.
- Add your profile photo, like a logo or nice headshot.
- That’s it!
You can flip between your personal profile and your salon/stylist Facebook Business page by clicking on the three lines at the bottom of your Facebook app. (See screenshot below.) Then, click Pages with an orange flag next to it.
What to do right now
You’ve got it set up. Now what? Here are some ways to connect with your clients during this time!
- Ask your best customers to leave you a review on Facebook. Everyone is going to need a cut/color after this, so they’ll be looking!
- Make a post to let them know about Direct Shipping! Use an image like the one above or others that can be found here and here!
- Post at-home tutorials to keep your skills sharp & show off your work! Moroccanoil Pro has a great video up showing how to film a tutorial.
Facebook Business for Stylists Resources: